Been away for awhile and I need to get on this. Mashups are a bit confusing for me so i need to take some time to wrap my head around them! Flickr Color Pickr is a great resourse for students; it can be used in the library as an alternative to google images for photos. Students can search and find more personal and recent examples. Bookr is another interesting tool. In the library it can be used to support online research projects. In my library it can be used to support our reading motivation contests (Bluebonnet and Name That Book). Mosaic could be uses like a VENN diagram or to bring together images that support a specific theme or idea. I used Mosaic for this...
A re-run of 23 Things from two years ago! Let's hope the ratings are better! 23 Things serves as an introduction to Library 2.0 skills that underscore so much of what a 21st century school librarian should be about!
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Thing # 6 - Mashups
Been away for awhile and I need to get on this. Mashups are a bit confusing for me so i need to take some time to wrap my head around them! Flickr Color Pickr is a great resourse for students; it can be used in the library as an alternative to google images for photos. Students can search and find more personal and recent examples. Bookr is another interesting tool. In the library it can be used to support online research projects. In my library it can be used to support our reading motivation contests (Bluebonnet and Name That Book). Mosaic could be uses like a VENN diagram or to bring together images that support a specific theme or idea. I used Mosaic for this...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How different are mash-ups from when you last visited them two years ago?
ReplyDeleteThere are more of them! They are easier to use and there seem to be some really creative one. I would need to review more of them before I could comment definitely.
ReplyDelete