Friday, July 16, 2010

Thing # 12 Creating Community Through Commenting


I am about as excited about this "thing" as I was about blogs and news feeds! However, I will do better - maybe. I thought 10 Techniques to Get More Comments on your Blog (http://www.problogger.net/archives/2006/10/12/10-techniques-to-get-more-comments-on-your-blog/) made some good points. Inviting comments, asking questions, be open-ended, interact with comments left, set boundaries, be humble, be gracious, be controversial, reward comments and make it easy to comment all seem to be valid points for a serious blogger to keep in mind. I especially like the setting of boundaries; outlining what is acceptable and unacceptable behavior in a blog, or anywhere, (like it is not acceptable to call the President a liar during the State of the Union address). And the whole things with blogs - everyone is entitled to their opinion...but some opinions should be kept to yourself! (Which may be indicative of why I an not a big fan of blogs in general!). Blue Skunk's "some comments about commenting" also has some great suggestions to for maintaining a good response time.

"Blogging Basis 101" was off topic: get tickets to WBNA for Family fun? Well alright. But probably worth reading again later on.

I read and commented on the following blogs....



Library 2.0 - 23 Things, http://ortizlibrary.blogspot.com/



Two other blogs...

http://groups.diigo.com/group/edtech - this blog was created by a technology instructor with HISD professional development and is related to a course I am taking online t his summer called digital Communication.

http://parkerpages.wordpress.com/2010/06/20/old-spaghetti-factory/ - YEARS ago I worked as a waiter and then manager at three different Old Spaghetti Factory restaurants (Salt Lake City, Portland and Hollywood). The Hollywood restaurant has been closed for several years. I was hoping to find a blog where former employees gathered to exchange stories and memories.

Here is a blog I created about the 21st Century Learner and the use of web (library) 2.0 skills and tools: https://mail.houstonisd.org/owa/redir.aspx?C=75d1372b82d8441da652994f89afbfc9&URL=http%3a%2f%2fdigicomsummer2010.wikispaces.com%2f

It might be helpful to read the accompanying article...

a day in the life of web 2.0 by David Warlick, http://www.techlearning.com/article/13980

No comments:

Post a Comment